Baxter Ford Coronavirus Information & FAQ
Your Health is Priority #1.
During these uncertain times, we know that you must have a lot of questions. At Baxter Ford, we're trying to answer as many as we can to help keep you informed of your car-buying and -servicing options. We hope you'll find this information about how we're operating during the COVID-19 outbreak useful. If there's anything we can help you with, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Elkhorn or Omaha Ford dealership at your earliest convenience.
Is Baxter Ford Open Right Now?
Yes, Baxter Ford is open right now!
At this time, you're still welcome to visit us at our Ford dealerships in Omaha and Elkhorn. If you choose to visit us, please know that all of us at Baxter Ford consider the health and safety of our customers and employees a top priority. Therefore, we have new practices and sanitation measures in place so you can feel confident in our environment.
Can I Buy a Car from Baxter Ford Right Now?
Yes, you can buy a car from Baxter Ford right now.
Our physical building is open under the guidance provided by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). If you'd prefer not to visit the dealership in person at this time, our website, like our phone lines and inboxes, will always be open. Baxter Ford is committed to serving Omaha and its surrounding communities any way we can during this pandemic, so we're making it easier than ever to upgrade to a new car while practicing recommended social distancing techniques. If you're interested in buying a new Ford or used car for sale right now, we encourage you to make an appointment for us to deliver a vehicle right to your door. Whether you're interested in buying or leasing a new Ford, you'll get peace of mind knowing we'll deliver it to you for a test-drive or after the purchase.
If you choose to have a car delivered to you, know that all of our vehicles are properly cleaned and sanitized per the guidelines we've received from local authorities. Our staff is trained on the best practices for social distancing to ensure every interaction is safe.
Learn more about Baxter Ford delivery service.
Are Car Dealerships Essential in Nebraska?
Since auto repair shops are essential businesses in Nebraska, Baxter Ford is open and accepting service appointments right now.
Our Omaha and Elkhorn service centers are fully staffed and ready to tend to all your routine and critical auto repair essentials.
Is Baxter Ford Open for Service?
Yes, Baxter Ford is open for service. Auto repair shops are essential businesses, so we will continue to remain open unless instructed differently by authorities.
Whether your check engine light is on or you simply want to take care of routine maintenance, you can trust our Omaha and Elkhorn service centers for reliable auto repairs nearby. We can take care of Ford oil changes, brake repairs, battery replacements and more! Plus, we're making it easier than ever to get the quality car repairs you need without visiting our lot in person. We're currently offering service pick-up and delivery if you'd prefer that we come to you and to allow for safe social distancing. If you'd like to schedule a service appointment or learn about the current Baxter Ford hours, just give us a call at (855) 985-0072 for our Omaha repair shop or at (855) 494-2400 for our Elkhorn service center.
You can learn more about Baxter Ford Service Pick-Up & Delivery.
Does Baxter Ford Deliver?
Yes, Baxter Ford is happy to deliver to you.
To protect both our customers and our employees, the entire team at Baxter Ford is practicing safe social distancing. However, we are working and we're ready to tend to all your Ford sales and service needs. If you're interested in buying a vehicle from us, our team would be happy to bring you the car, truck or SUV you've been eying so you can take a test-drive. If you'd then like to buy the car, we'll talk to you about our new Ford specials so we can get you behind the wheel as soon as possible.
What Are the New Baxter Ford Sanitation Measures?
Here at Baxter Ford, there's nothing more important to us than the health and safety of our customers and employees. In addition to our regular cleaning schedule, we've taken additional measures to protect our community, including:
- Instituting new deep cleaning and safety protocols for all stores and employees and will continue to enhance and evolve these measures as directed by the CDC guidelines and local government policies.
- Implementing a “hands-free” policy for staff & guests, as well as limiting any outside visits from vendors to our stores beyond guests and employees
- Posting relevant signage throughout the stores which provides information about COVID-19, and critical ways to avoid being exposed to it.
- Increasing the number of hand sanitizer stations throughout the stores, and relentlessly encouraging members of our team to wash their hands throughout the day.
- Instructing all employees who are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 to self-monitor from home, and if necessary, visit a doctor.
How Should I Clean My Car to Prevent Coronavirus?
If you're using your car for errands like grocery store runs or any other purpose, it's important to sanitize it frequently to prevent the spread of coronavirus. Not sure how to disinfect your car? We recommend the following measures:
- Wash your hands; put on disposable gloves (if available) before you begin sanitizing your car.
- Use a mild dish soap or other common household disinfectants to scrub high-touch areas like the dashboard, steering wheel, touchscreens and door handles.
- If you have space and supplies, consider keeping disinfecting wipes in your car for more frequent wipe downs.
- Not sure how to clean leather seats in a car? You can use any type of leather cleaner. Be sure to use a microfiber cloth to avoid scratching the leather!
You can see more tips for how to sanitize a car.